At St. Robert Bellarmine, we have a dedicated community of parents/guardians, faculty, and staff that work together to make our school a vibrant and excellent educational environment. Here are a few of the many ways you can get involved:
- Join the Parents’ Association to support their activities or become a Room Rep for your child’s class.
- Become a Parent Ambassador.
- Get involved with the athletics program by joining the Sports Board, coaching a team, or being a team coordinator.
- Help out at an Open House.
- Volunteer for lunch and recess duty. A great way to meet more parents and to get a better idea of your child’s day.
- Get involved with parish activities, such as the community garden, the annual St. Joseph’s table, the teen group, and more. (If you have not officially joined the parish, simply stop by or call the rectory office at 773-777-2666 for a registration form.)
- Lend your professional expertise to the School Board.
- Be a “One Time Volunteer.” If your schedule is too busy for an ongoing commitment, you can help out with one event. Let someone in the office or Parents’ Association know that you are interested.
Parents’ Association | The PA hosts many family events such as a Halloween party, Pumpkin Contest, Visit with Santa, and the Easter Bunny Ice Cream Social. Some of the PA’s major fundraisers are the Run-a-Thon and Casino Night. They can always use volunteers on the PA board or to help work an event. Participating in these activities is fun and a great way to meet other SRB families. More information, including a list of current Parents’ Association members, can be found in the Family Handbook.
School Board | The school board collaborates with the principal on the school budget, helps with public relations, runs the VIP fundraising program, has a member who is a representative on the Education Commission of the Parish Pastoral Council, and more. Anyone interested in serving on the school board can ask the Principal for an application. More information, including a list of current School Board members, can be found in the Family Handbook.
Sports Board | The Sports Board organizes coaching, practices, and games for our athletics program. You can find more information in the Athletics area of this website. A list of current Sports Board members can also be found in the Family Handbook.
Parent Ambassadors | Parent Ambassadors provide a parent-to-parent connection for those who are new to our school or who are researching schools. For parents and children who are newly enrolled, Parent Ambassadors provide a buddy system to help you get acclimated to the SRB community, build friendships and get some support when you are new — whether it’s chatting together after morning drop-off, answering questions via email, or planning to meet at an event so you or your children have a familiar face.
Required information for volunteers:
The safety of our students is always a priority. Volunteers who work directly with children are required to go through a background check and attend Virtus Training.
Background screenings are done online through the Archdiocese of Chicago website: https://www.eappsdb.com/Login.asp?ORGZ_KEY=18
Virtus Training is a program on child sexual abuse awareness for adults. Sessions are held at SRB and many other parishes at a variety of times, so you can choose one that best fits your schedule. Find a list of times here: http://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=18958&theme=0
Get involved! Fill out this Volunteer Interest Form today!